Monday, March 10, 2008

A little of this, a little of that...

I don't really have any idea what I'm about to blog about. I usually come on here with some type of plan, but today, it's whatever pops in my head.

First, thank you for the phone calls, emails, cards and e-cards for my birthday the other day. They always put a smile on my face. Matt had been gone for two weeks and was supposed to be back that morning, early. However, with the snow he got stuck in the Dallas Airport for about 6 hours. Nonetheless, he made it home by late afternoon so that was my best birthday present. I also got some money, 2 pair of pj's, a t-shirt, and a book. I made myself a carrot cake, lol, and the kids decorated it with icing. It was yummy! Matt was going to get me a cake (he's not much of a cook) the next day, but the boys insisted I have one that day.


The kids are doing good. Landen has his big "Terra Nova" testing at school this week so we have to make sure we get to bed at a decent time. Hayden has learned he will get to play baseball so he is VERY excited. He actually missed the cut off of turning 5 by 11 days. So, mommy and daddy went through great pains trying to get approval for him to play since he had played last year in the states and it worked! Jordyn has a few more teeth that have come in. She suddenly wants me to carry her all day and gets angry when I sit down at the computer. Guess that means I'm on here too much.

The weather is making me grumpy. I really am ready for some sunshine around here! It's cold, windy, rainy, & snowy.... and its continually projected throughout the next week. Where is spring? Ugh. My parents are coming to visit in 2 weeks and I am hoping for some prettier weather. We can't wait for them to get here!

I am working toward running a 5K. Yes, I know many of you have run marathons and such, but a 5K is big for me! I have 6 weeks. I've been running since November, but I'm not ready for it yet. We'll see if I actually stick to it. My goal is to cross the finish line. I've never been a runner so stay tuned. I thought maybe if I announced it, I would actually do it. lol My other project I have been working on is getting my pictures printed out and in albums. I'm just beginning the process and it is taking a long time because I am so behind! Does anyone else find that with digital cameras they take a gazillion pictures, yet never get them developed and in albums?! I have a definite problem, but am trying to get caught back up. Kodak.com has made a lot of money from me lately!

That's all for now as you can tell I am just babbling. Guess I shouldn't write if I don't have anything to say.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Matt & Jolee how life treating you all. Happy late birthday Jolee and good luck no your 5K run. Tell the kids that we said hello.

Jason & Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason & Stacy said...

Hayden is a ham. He is growing up? Kyle was asking about him yesterday. He thought Hayden would be here with Landen for Peyton's b-day party. I guess he just doesn't get it yet. I hope to see you when you get to visit.

The Traxsons said...

Good luck on your 5K!!! I'm so impressed. I had big plans to run the Race for the Cure this year, but I changed my mind. I just do not enjoy running whatsoever.

You'll do great! You'll make it over the finish line - don't worry!