Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Little Gymnastics Star




Waiting for it to start...

Showtime!



Awards



Ok. So I don't know if she's a star, but in my book she is! It was so much fun to go watch Jordyn at her first "event." She started gymnastics in January and has just loved it. It is a mom and tot class, so we get to be out there together. She has so much fun and laughs pretty much the whole time she is there.

The hardest adjustment the first few weeks was not crying when it was over. Once she got into the routine, she knew when the end was coming. Jordyn also went through a couple of weeks of being terrified of the bars, but she soon got over it and now it seems to be her favorite thing to do. Walking across the beam is definitely not her forte. She needs some work on it :-) She's too interested in what other people are doing and not watching what she is doing. She also tries to run down it 90 to nothing!

I'm posting a few pictures from the show, though some are really blurry. Landen tried to help me out while I held the video so I could send it to Matt. He did really good, it's just that the lighting is not great in there and my camera doesn't do well. Here's the video.





As a side note, I took her to the hospital this week for her kidney tests. I won't go into details but it was horrible and I never want to do that again. The good news is that her kidneys have improved and she no longer needs a daily dose of medicine!!!

3 comments:

The Traxsons said...

I think that's the cutest thing I've ever seen! She is definitely a star :)

So glad to hear that her kidneys are better!

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

so glad the kidneys are good! I know that was a relief!

Anonymous said...

what a crackup! I loved the video of the gymnast!! And it was nice hearing your voice in the background too. I miss ya!!

Judy (BCHD!)