Monday, November 9, 2009

Life & Such

I'm just not in to this blogging thing right now. I guess you've figured that out if you have bothered to look at my blog. My mind is going in a million different directions right now and I just can't seem to focus on any one thing. I know Christmas is going to be here before I blink, and I just haven't gotten in that spirit yet. Normally, by now, I am almost finished shopping. But, this year... not so much. I have to shop early over here in order to get everything shipped so I'll have to get myself in gear sometime soon!

We've adjusted to daddy being back. It's odd that after being away from us for so long, the instant he walks back in the door it's as if he never left us. What was all the fuss about? The tears? The never ending feeling? It all wonderfully disappears! I have a maintenance man around the house again, a mower, a computer man, a driver, a help with the kiddos and some adult interaction in my house again. Woo hoo!!!!

The time in our lives has come once again in that we are working through where we will be moving next. Some of you already know, but as of now, the odds are that we are going to be remaining overseas. I've slowly found out that God's plans and mine are very, VERY different. Not sure if I'm being punished or what! No, I'm joking. Nothing in the military is ever set in stone until written orders are in hand, so we are just waiting until we know 100 percent. There is a lot more that will unfold on the blog after this.... so just keep that whole situation in your prayers. I could write a book about all my feelings on this, but I'll save that for another time. If you have kept up the least little bit, you know how ready I was/am to be back in the states. I'm feeling a little more at peace about it every single day....

On another note, we had fun at the annual elementary school Turkey Trot again this year! It was our 3rd year to participate in it, though this year Landen didn't get to compete since he moved to the middle school. So, it was all on Hayden. He didn't want to let his big brother out do him after he placed the last 2 years. With flying colors, Hayden pushed through - ran the entire 1.5 miles without stopping and got 2nd place for his age group!!!!!!! We were floored and very proud of him. My little cuddly boy is making a breakthrough into a big boy I'm afraid.

Before

During


Finished!



3 comments:

amy said...

hang in there, girl! it's tough, isn't it? so glad matt is home to help navigate all this muck! i've been checking your blog, but totally understand when there's just nothing to say, and even if you have it to say, just getting it typed up just ain't happenin'. can't believe it's moving time already!!! how time flies for everyone but those of us in the midst of it!

Sassylassy5 said...

YEAH Landon!! Jolee, you and Matt have been and are being prepared for whatever God has instore for you both.I have the utmost confidence in you both to face bravely the future with your sweet family. Just know that there are those of us who lovingly pray for you and are so thankful for the sacrifices the five of you make for us.

Jason & Stacy said...

Jolee, God does have a plan and knows just what you can handle. I have learned that. You have been through so much and have done great with every situtation sent your way. You are such a blessing and have a wonderful family. I will be praying for you and the family.
oh a happier note. Congrads Hayden :)