Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Get Real

Ok. Yep! We're still alive and kicking. I've been at a loss as for something to post lately. I don't know who reads this and who doesn't, but I know you can only read so much about my kids. Today I read a blog that challenged all of her fellow bloggers to "Get Real." Click on Becca's blog on my sidebar if you wish to read it. She's an excellent writer, by the way. Anyway, since I don't know what to post about, I'm going to take her up on it... so, here it goes.

10 Things - Get Real

1. I worry what other bloggers think about what I write. Unlike my sister, I know I'm not gifted in the creative writing field. When I started this blog, I really thought only my parents and in laws would read it.

2. Some people think I have it really tough as a military wife (including me!), but I know that I do not have it nearly as tough as a lot of military wives do. I have so much to be thankful for.

3. I have an intense fear of something happening to Matt and/or I, and our children being left without a parent. I create scenarios in my head of things that could happen. Yes, we have a will and life insurance so I know they would be taken care of.

4. I'm not near the good housekeeper that my mom is. My drawers are not perfectly straight and towels not near as neatly folded. I do try to keep it neat and tidy on the surface though.

5. I feel like I am "good" at several things, but not really talented at anything.

6. I frequently forget to tell my husband how much I love him and am not very good at showing affection.

7. My face, well chin has caused me more acne problems in my adult life than when I was a teenager! It's really annoying on many different levels.

8. I sometimes have a hard time controlling my temper with my children. I have to remind myself that I usually expect a lot out of them for their ages.

9. I instantly miss my husband the second he drives away from the house, even if he's only gone a couple of days. Suddenly, I'm awake until midnight when I'm usually in bed by 10 and asleep the minute my head hits the pillow. As much as he is gone, you would think I would be used to it by now.

10. It makes me really nervous to cook for company and I really don't enjoy entertaining at my house.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Thanks for playing! I so relate to a lot of those, and I bet others do too!

Mandy said...

I can relate to the adult acne, girl! Mine pops out when I have been stressed out, so it gives me away every time!!! I love reading about your kids....and you! Tell Matt Happy B-day tomorrow!

The Traxsons said...

I can relate to just about everyone of those - not the military - but just about everything else! I may have to do one of these posts myself...ya know, because I never have anything interesting to say either! Although I always love reading your posts :)

amy said...

is there something wrong with me that i can identify with every single thing you put down? loved the post! maybe i shall do one, as well, though you've already taken 10 of mine.