Friday, September 7, 2007

1 more month until...








Jordyn turns 1 year old. She was 11 months old as of yesterday, so I am writing my usual monthly post about her. I can't believe she is no longer considered a baby as of one more month. To be honest, it makes me quite sad.

Jordyn - here is what you are doing these days. Still, no teeth. You bite, you drool, we can see where they are coming, but no teeth. Poor little thing. You take two naps a day - usually one short one and one a little longer. You still sleep all night long and we usually don't hear much from you until the morning. You are enjoying eating all kinds of new things and are not to excited about your plain old baby food anymore. You especially love a grilled cheese sandwich, yummy! You like to pass your time by pulling out drawers and emptying them. You also enjoy some good hair pulling and bugging your brothers. Looking down the stairwell while holding onto the gates is another fun thing and you also LOVE a good game of peek a boo and hand clapping. You babble like crazy, but really aren't saying any new words other than Momma, Daddy, night-night, bye-bye, and there. Well, you probably are but we can't quite interpret them yet.. You have adjusted really well to your new house. We have weaned you down to 2 bottles a day. The afternoon bottle just went this week and you really aren't that happy about it, but you are surviving. So far, you're not just wild about the taste of real milk. You'll get there - I have faith! You are letting go of furniture more and more and standing alone. You will also cross from one piece of furniture to another now - even if you have to let go a little. You are showing more interest in wanting to walk while holding someones hand now. Yet, your best way of being mobile is still crawling. One last thing, you know how to pitch a little fit. You enjoy doing this when you are strapped down into a high chair when we are out to eat. You also exhibit this behavior while crawling around the floor at a fast pace and screaming at the top of your lungs. You then sit down and shake your hands back and forth while yelling. I need to get this on video! I see a glimpse of the boys in you, lol.

On another note, my eyes have been opened to the number of people who read blogs. I have added some links to other friends of mine who I have recently realized have a blog themselves. Most of these people are friends who I grew up in church with. Thank you for all of your comments and I am trying to catch back up with all of you while reading all your old posts. I really enjoy seeing where everyone is and how they live their life. Thank you for contacting me and leaving messages. Some of you are very impressive and creative writers (unlike me!)

One last thing, and I'll close. My mother had surgery on her shoulder today. Please pray she'll have a speedy recovery and heal soon. I know there is a lot of physical therapy involved afterward. We love you, mom. Dad will take good care of you. :-)I wish I was there to give you a hug.

5 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

i had no idea you had a blog! and i'm glad you commented on mine! Now, I can keep up with you guys. I couldn't believe when I heard at church jordyn was in the hospital. scary! anyway,I told your mom that the photos Mika Beth took were great as usual! she's my hero! lol
i'll tell dawn your blog so she can check it. have a great day

Terri said...

I remember once upon a time when you had a link to my MySpace page on your blog. Then you found out a lot more people read your blog (which I can't believe actually surprises you b/c you were always popular...how you can be oblivious to this is just beyond me), and I got the shaft. Sad.

Mandy said...

Jordyn is a cutie pie! Those boys remind me of Matt when he was younger! :) I'll pray for your mom to heal quickly--my husband is having neck surgery on Tuesday, so he'll be sort of in the same boat! How is Germany? My grandfather was stationed there- many moons ago- and my dad loved it as a kid. He has fond memories. I'm loving catching up on you guys!

Da Bobos said...

Jordyn is really growing up!! We're sure gonna miss her at the ball park.

Sisters said...

You ARE a creative writer!
AJ