Sunday, September 23, 2007

Good Times? Good times!








Well, another week has come and gone. They seem to fly by so quickly! Since I've last blogged, we have visited Berncastel and Mandersheid.

Berncastel was a lot of fun. We actually went on a Sunday afternoon so some of the shops were closed. However, since its a tourist town, some were actually open. There were lots of people sitting around eating and watching the scenery. We watched a band play and entertain the crowd and watched the people go by. The scenery was beautiful and when we got there, Landen decided to do his imitation of Nana. You can see in the picture above him clutching his chest, and he says "who is this?" In a girly voice he proceeds to say "Oh, its gorgeous... I can't believe it... isn't it beautiful?" LOL He's done it a few times - its pretty funny. I need to get it on video.

Our visit to Mandersheid was on a whim. Jordyn has NOT been very good lately - especially the last two days. She has a high pitched scream, which I must admit is at a decibel we are not accustomed too! We can't figure out what her problem is. She has decided not to take naps and promptly empties her entire bed of stuffed animals and paci's to the floor. Then, screams like she is being hurt until somebody rescues her. This is why we ended up in the car at 4:00 just to go "somewhere!" It turned out that the old ruined castle was closed, but we got to run around a nice park area with a gorgeous creek. Landen decided to take his shoes off and cross the creek on the rocks. So, of course little brother has to be like big brother. He takes his shoes off, takes two steps across and yes, down he goes. His jeans are soaked and half of his shirt. He was actually a really good sport about it and after crying about a minute, he said, "Can I do it again, mommy? I won't cry this time!!" Boys will be boys. The next time across, he held daddy's hand. We spent the rest of the time letting the boys run around the field and explore in the woods.

If any of you have any questions about Germany, let me know. I really don't know that I'm being all that informative. I can certainly find out the answer if I haven't figured it out myself. I have a friend here who grew up in Germany and now is stationed here with her husband. She speaks fluent German which is nice. I ask her questions all the time!! I don't want her to move, but they are headed out in June.

2 comments:

Jason & Stacy said...

The pictures look like it was a pretty day. I see you are wearing shorts.

The Traxsons said...

I laughed out loud at Landen's impersonation of Nana! That's hilarious! Hayden wanting to go again and promising not to cry is priceless :)