Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Joys of Mommyhood

Let's get this clear. I've never blogged at 2:21am before! I've always thought people were crazy for being on the computer in the middle of the night. Now, I'm joining the crowd.

So, we get home from our nice little trip (of which eventually, I will get the pictures and details posted) and have bags and bags to unpack and laundry to do. You know how it is after a trip. Well, the day after we get home I make a dent in the unpacking and get a load or two of laundry done. It was Matt's birthday so I had cooked him a nice breakfast that morning and chicken n' dumplings (ok, the Bisquick variety but he likes them!) and made him a cheesecake so that set me back a little time that day. Plus, Landen had basketball practice that afternoon. That night, we head to bed...

Jordyn wakes us up at 3:00 am vomiting. Poor thing. I get her and sleep on the couch with her the rest of the night. Well, I don't sleep, but I "rest" on the couch. At about 6:00 am, I start in myself. Only, it hits me at both ends if you know what I mean. That's always fun.... which end do I stick in the toilet first? So, we're sick the whole next day. Matt manages to get off work long enough to take Hayden to his new gymnastics class which he was so excited about. We make it through the day... Matt also takes the boys to Landen's first basketball game (which Landen scored 2 points and his team won 10 - 8.) Jordyn and I were asleep by the time they got home.

Ahhh.... I slept 12 hours. 12. Think I was tired? So, I get up today and lysol the house, clean the toilets, vacuum, keep every window open... begin to get a hold on the laundry which now includes sheets, throws and pillows that have been vomited on. Ahh... we're regaining normalcy around here! Jordyn still has some problems down below, but we are on the mend.

Wrong. About 5:00pm... Hayden says his stomach hurts. By 7:00pm, he's vomiting. If that's not enough, at about 9:00pm Matt starts. Yes, in case you wondering he's having the same issues - head or butt first? lol. Ahh.... so, he's in our bedroom and I'm sleeping on the couch again tonight.

I'm juggling 2 kids. Oh, whoops... did I mention that while running from Jordyn's room, into Hayden's room.... Landen yells, "Mom! " Yep! He's throwing up. And you know what he's worried about? He's gonna miss his basketball game in the morning. Oh, and he has diarrhea too. Now, I'm juggling 3.

So, that's why I'm sitting here blogging at 2:33am now. Thank God for 2 1/2 bathrooms in this house.

5 comments:

Terri said...

That was just a bit too graphic for me! But honestly, you know this doesn't surprise me in the least. You guys are just the most sickly crew known to man!

Mandy said...

These times are just about the most fun times to be a mom. I mean, what more can you ask for??? Welcome to the late night bloggers club!!!

Jason & Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason & Stacy said...

I know how you feel. I had 2 boys sick 1 week before Christmas with that junk. I did the same thing with the windows too. I hope that is all you get for this winter. At least your trip was great with no sickness.

Brandy said...

Oh my gosh...I hope everyone is on the mend now!