Monday, August 17, 2009

Best Day Yet!!!







I was going to wait until I got back home to start blogging again, but I thought today deserved a special post. Landen was baptized! He was really saved a while back and wanted to be baptized, but at the time we were moving to Germany and Matt had already left. So, I urged him to wait until daddy could be there. So, we wait.
Fast forward: Germany = Swimming Pool so we once again decided to wait. Not that there is anything wrong with being baptized in a swimming pool, it just wasn't what we had imagined.
Fast forward: Summer. Arkansas. Matt's in Afghanistan.
Do we see a pattern? Our lifestyle isn't "normal" so to speak. So Landen and I discussed it once again and talked to Daddy about it. Daddy wanted us to go ahead with it and quit the waiting game. At the rate we were going he was going to be 20 before we could all be together for this! Even though we really missed Matt, we knew he was happy and at peace about it. Landen was baptized in the same baptistry that Matt and I were so that made it extra special. He also got to have ALL of his grandparents, several cousins and some other special people in his life that were able to attend.
Thank you to two special people who helped me out. Leigh Ann was sweet enough to take pictures for me and they turned out fantastic. Thank you so much! We wanted to make sure we didn't miss a thing, so I videoed from upstairs and also had another friend video from the balcony. Thank you so much to the Atchleys for that! It truly made it more enjoyable for me to know that we had it all documented so that Matt could be a part.
What an indescribable feeling to see your child give his life to God.

4 comments:

kathy said...

It was such a blessing to get to witness that. Tears were flowing from my eyes the whole time. I could hear sniffles all around me. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

amy said...

precious! what a happy day for a mama....i'm sure matt is so proud, so is jesus!

Jason & Stacy said...

What a special moment. Congradulations Landen, God Bless You :)

Nicole L Tubman said...

Wow! How moving. Great story to share.