Monday, August 24, 2009

We're Back and Ready To Roll!












I'm really not even sure where to begin. I really don't think I'm going to harp on the summer, other than to say we had a fabulous one! We went to Florida, to the lake, had lots of fun with cousins, visited grandparents and aunts and uncles, swam, had a baptism, made a few short overnight trips with friends and family, went to movies and baseball games, celebrated my parents 40th anniversary, dreaded the flight back home and we did all of that with only a few ear infections and losing a toe nail! I have absolutely no regrets about spending the entire summer with my family. It made the time fly right by and as an added bonus, I got my Walmart/Target/Mexican food fix plus some free babysitting! It was seriously overwhelming to me, which I didn't expect. It's really just hard to explain unless you've ever lived overseas yourself.

So, I come back to Germany with a good attitude. I can do this. I can finish out our stay and enjoy the rest of the sight seeing we have to do. It's gonna be great even though I went to the shoppette today to get gas, mind you this was my only stop. I pump my gas after showing 55 forms of identification,go in and grab milk and get in the line as the 10th person with one aisle open and the fire alarm goes off. Seriously? Seriously. We have to leave the building so there I am waiting with 3 kids and a screaming 2 year old because we left her chocolate milk inside. We wait for the firetrucks and they let us back in to pay for our already pumped gas. Boy do I love this place and oh how I've missed it. Ok.... good attitude. Right.

See the counter on the side? Yep! We're down to 60+ days until Matt comes home. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. The hardest part is over and we are on the down hill slope if we can get through these next two months. School starts next week. :-)

I've really got to get caught up on all my blog reading from the summer. I feel so behind in this area. Guess I have plenty of time now. Only 10 more months... not that I'm counting.






3 comments:

The Traxsons said...

You can do it!!!! And wow, Matt's gonna be home before you know it!

amy said...

you CAN do it! i wish we could have seen you while you were home. so glad you had a good time. goes by so fast, then it's back to the norm, whatever that is for us, right? 60 days will soon be 6, right? hang in there, girl!

cwlewis said...

you can add me back (if you want, that is). I swear i'm going to be more on top of this blogging crap! :)