Saturday, August 4, 2007

6 Days to go....

But, who's counting? The boys! Me to for that matter. The last 6 weeks have gone fairly quickly but I am ready to get back to being a "normal" family (if there is such.) I've got lots to post about, but no pictures really.

I had a great girls trip with my two friends Mitzi & Kristy. I just love getting together with them. We had a fun trip to Tulsa together. The only thing that was wrong was we didn't get to stay longer than one night. I have pictures, but will have to post them later. I love you girls!

The boys are having lots of "I miss daddy" days. We cry, laugh and cry some more. There have been a few days of crying recently - doesn't that surprise you? One day I think there was one of the four of us crying from the time we woke up until we went to bed. I had gotten some mis-information about my flights and was having a meltdown. To make a long story short, my wonderful father in law is flying to Baltimore with me! I couldn't figure out how in the world I was going to get my 8 bags plus 4 carry on bags, a stroller/car seat, and three kids' from baggage claim to the international gate - especially with an 8 hour layover in Baltimore! Not to mention taking them to the bathroom, feeding them, etc. I can't re-check my bags until 6 hours prior to departure. Anywho - it will be as easy as pie now that I have help on the first leg of the trip. Ok, not as easy as pie, but easier. Thanks Pops and Nana!!! Daddy has everything waiting for us on the other end so it will be a great relief to see him!

I know these are all random thoughts and there is no organization to this post. Sorry. Tomorrow Landen is getting to play baseball with his cousin, Jack's baseball team! He is so very excited and a little nervous. He didn't play all-stars this year because of the move so its been a while for him. They are playing in a kid pitch tournament and Landen may even be able to pitch a little bit! It is going to be HOT, but hopefully they'll have fun together. I think they are going to be playing against 9/10 yr old teams so it may not turn out too pretty. LOL

Jordy Pordy Pie is doing great. She's just the sweetest thing ever. She'll be 10 months on Monday so I thought I would write a little about her. I doubt I am able to on Monday because I am packing to head to Little Rock for a couple of days before we fly out.

Jordyn - your not walking yet, but VERY, very close. You are cruising around furniture and letting go to move from one piece of furniture to another. You really don't have a walker to practice with much, or you might already be well on your way. You are turning your fit "inward" instead of in your usual "ballet" position. I think it won't be long. You still crawl and pull up at lightning paced speed. You still get very startled at loud noises and cry when other children (including your brothers!) cry. You are just Ms. Sensitive. :-) Let's see... You have gotten to know ALL of your grandparents really well and will go to them at any time. Mommy has really enjoyed this part of it! However, daddy is missing you like crazy. You can open and close doors/drawers and you LOVE to empty everything out of a drawer and hand it to someone. You talk quite frequently with all kinds of sounds and you can wave bye, bye as well as put the phone to your ear. Nana says you can say, "chicken" among other various words, but I think Nana is a little coo-coo. LOL Pawpaw seems to be one of your favorite people to see and Nana and Grammy are so good at taking care of you. They know your schedule and I don't have to worry a bit. Let's see.... you definitely have a favorite stuffed animal - its a pink/white checked bunny rabbit. You love to rub its ears and lay your head on it. You also get very excited at the site of a baby doll. There are definitely days you are fussy, but overall you are still very easy going and easy to take out. Oh yes, you enjoy clicking your tongue and imitating people too. You're wearing mostly 18 mo clothes and weigh 20.4 lbs as of a couple of days ago. The rolls on your legs are growing and cute! You still do not have any teeth and I have a feeling you are waiting to pop some on that airplane ride to Germany. You are eating all kinds of baby food, plus cheerios and some dissolvable snacks. I gave you meat sticks for the first time the other day and you LOVED them. You can also eat a cracker and chew on a corn cob for hours on end. Ok, not hours, but it occupies you for a while. You also still love your brothers and give them lots and lots of hugs and kisses. You can also wave bye-bye to people, but I still can't get you to clap. It will come... by our next post, maybe. Happy 10 months on Monday!

Now that I've written a book, I best go. Its getting late and it will be past my bedtime before I know it. I'll let you know when we make it over to Germany! I can't wait to get back into posting all the time and adding some pictures.

1 comment:

cwlewis said...

i can't believe the time is almost here. thank god you are getting help to baltimore. my hat's off to you. i wish you the best of luck and happiness in germany for the next 3 years. please keep me posted on how all of you are doing. we'll be thinking of you always...