Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween Fun

This weekend consisted of several Halloween activities. To be honest, we usually don't have much Halloween activity at our house, other than the usual trick or treating on the actual day. However, this year, there was an office Halloween party so we all dressed up! We also went to the school carnival and there are more festivities to come this week.

Matt and I toyed and toyed with what to be. We even asked for suggestions (and got some good ones) from friends. One suggestion was Bill & Hillary. Matt and I (not that either one of us are huge Clinton fans) but we thought that would be easy and hey, we were from Arkansas. We could both throw on a suit and a mask and we would be set. So, we ordered our masks and they came in on Monday. Matt brought them home and I thought they looked great and incredibly real. Too real. Jordyn took one look and SCREAMED and SCREAMED and SCREAMED. She's definitely a republican!! We thought maybe she would get used to them, but no. That didn't happen.



So, we were on to plan B. At this late in the game, there is no time to order anything and get it on time. Since Germans don't celebrate Halloween like we do, the pickings are mighty slim. Just as a side note - we did find one costume store about 15 minutes away and the Germans do have a costume party that they celebrate in the month of February. Thats about the extent of my knowledge at this point. So, back to Matt and I. Oh yes. Plan B. Britney and K-Fed. It required no wig, and we could come up with enough stuff of our own to make it work. We did make a swing by the costume store and picked up a few things to set off our outfits which helped.

On our way to the Halloween party I told Matt it would be a cruel joke to play on us if nobody else dressed up! I'm paranoid like that and he is the boss and all. To our liking, the majority of the office were dressed up too. We had a great time, but I don't plan on dressing up again anytime soon. So, here are the pictures of ALL of us at our Halloween party. There will be more to come on Wednesday....









Before I close, if anyone is interested in the latest with Scott and Jennifer, please refer to the link at the right - The Whitsons. Becca is getting information faster and easier than I am so I have been checking her page every so often.

7 comments:

Terri said...

Yay for pictures!! Y'all really do look like Brit and K-Fed. Nice job!! Landen's costume is freakin' me out...very scary! I can't see Hayden's very well, but he looks like a little punk motocross racer. I think it suits him. And seriously, does Jordyn just run around with her tongue hanging out all the time or is that just for pictures?

amy said...

Love the costumes. Plan B worked really well for y'all. Never thought I'd see Matt in that get-up. So funny!

Jason & Stacy said...

Those are good costumes. You should wear them trick or treating with the kids.

Mandy said...

Wow! You two trash it up really well. I never thought I would say that!! :)Matt looks hilarious in a wife beater! Way to go homey. :)

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

Oh...my .....gosh.....that is making me laugh so hard. You guys pulled it off so well! Ya'll are creative! I LOVED it!....and Jordyn in her little pink outfit..precious!

Sisters said...

Crack me up!!!
Abby

The Traxsons said...

I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! Great costumes! Matt is really crackin' me up!!