Saturday, October 6, 2007

Our Little Princess is 1!






Yes, the time has come. Our baby girl has turned 1! We can't believe the year has already past. Its been eventful, to say the least.

I took Jordyn to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and she weighed in at 22 lbs and is 29 1/4" long. I'm really not exactly sure how this compares to the boys, but I think they were both a little bigger. She did NOT enjoy getting weighed and measured. I'm sure she won't enjoy her 1 year old shots either, but we have yet to do that. She also goes for her kidney reflux test on Tuesday which we are dreading for her.

We celebrated with just our own little family. I had debated inviting a couple of sweet little girls over, but decided against it. Jordyn had fun and so did the boys, and I didn't have to worry about if my cake flopped! It actually turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. That being said, I realize I need a little help in the cake decorating field, lol. Abby?! I needed you. I won't be sending mine to Paula Dean, that's for sure. You'll notice on the slide show the balloons say "It's a girl." You just have to get what you can around here, ha! Good thing she can't read.

Jordyn - you walk everywhere. No more crawling for you. It sure doesn't take long for you to get from one place to another. You pace around and when you fall you get right back up. Let's see... you're eating pretty much all table food with a few containers of baby food here and there out of ease for mommy. You do enjoy your food. You are down to one bottle at night before you go to bed and I really think you are ready to give this one up as well. I will probably let it go as soon as the formula is gone. You have adjusted to milk out of a sippy cup really easily. You love to eat cheerios, yogurt, meat sticks (ick!), and crackers. You have 2 teeth on the bottom, but are beginning to bite again so I wonder if the top are on their way. You like to undress in the car. As soon as we buckle you in, you immediately pull off both shoes and socks and then proceed to see if mommy has put a bow or clippie in your hair. You then hand them to your brothers and say there. You laugh like its a game, but mommy and daddy do not enjoy this game. You really despise the vacuum cleaner, too. Just the sight of it makes you cry - much less the sound of it. Mommy about breaks her back trying to hold you and vacuum the house. This also applies to the hair dryer and mixer. Must be a gender thing, because if I recall correctly my niece didn't enjoy the vacuum either. Now, lets discuss your hair. We are convinced it isn't growing. Yet, when we look back at your pictures we realize it has. Anyone have any tips to make it grow faster? Baby Rogaine? j/k The boys think you're the best thing since sliced bread, and so do we. You are loved beyond all words and we are so thankful God gave us a little princess! Happy 1st Birthday...

I'm posting a couple of her baby pictures and one now. I'll get a slide show up of her birthday soon. I'm headed out for a girl's night so I don't have long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

send pictures from girls night out. lol

The Traxsons said...

I'm glad to hear that you already have girl friends to hang out with! That's awesome!

Happy birthday sweet little Jordyn! I can't believe it's already been a year!