Saturday, April 19, 2008

Embarrassing Moments

I realize I've posted quite a few times close together. I'm afraid if I don't post it right then, I'll forget... so here goes.

We did a little shopping today. One of our favorite stores we go to is called, Hela. Its similar to a Lowe's with a side of birds, fish and bunnies to look at. Today, we went for some plants since we keep hoping we can plant some flowers soon. I'm beginning to wonder. Anyway, the flowers didn't look so good, but we went ahead and got some top soil before heading to another nursery for flowers. Matt loaded the bags into the cart and Jordyn, of course was riding in front. The carts were very shallow and the wheels turn in all directions which makes it a little harder to control. Anyway... I'm sure you can see where this is leading.

The soil is loaded and Matt and the boys are looking around while I'm pushing Jordyn. The next thing I know, the cart is flipped upside down, I scream and am on top of the cart while Jordyn is sitting backwards (hanging on for dear life) and about to flip out of the cart! For starters, there are no safety straps in carts here. Secondly, in my defense, there was a big dip in the middle of the sidewalk which is where I went overboard. Luckily, there were only a couple of onlookers and Jordyn was ok - we're sure they were thinking, "dumb Americans!"

Matt is used to these occourances as I do things like this fairly often. For example the time I fell down in the restaurant while about 7 months pregnant... Oh. And the time I fell outside the restaurant when I was 8 months pregnant in CA! Remember, Judy?? I told the boys to get used to me embarrassing them.

I cried I was laughing so hard on the way home. And, yes my 3 fingers are a little jammed and ridden with soil and my knee a little scuffed. Thank goodness I caught Jordyn's foot and her stomach muscles have developed a little.

3 comments:

Jason & Stacy said...

Oh my gosh!!! Yes those moments. I would have to laugh after everyone was alright.

Mandy said...

Unfortunately, I would have laughed first and then asked if you were ok.....!(Are you with me on this Amy?!) It's a bad habit, I know, but I can't seem to overcome it!! My mother has always scolded me for it. I AM, however, glad that Jordyn was ok! Man, that concrete can reach up and grab you at the most unexpected times!!!

The Traxsons said...

I'm glad everyone is ok, but that's pretty funny :)