Friday, June 6, 2008

Volksmarch


First, thanks for all the comments and emails from that last post! It really wasn't that bad of a day, I think I was just whiney. I got lots of nice comments and emails and almost felt guilty for complaining about such petty little things, lol.

Onto other things. Last Friday, Landen's school had a Volksmarch. Hayden and I participated with Landen's class, while a friend watched Jordyn. It was a pretty day, a little cloudy but it was nice. The Volksmarch consisted of a 5K, 8K, or 10K walk. Landen's class chose to walk the 10K, of course. Hayden was a trooper. I had to put him on my shoulders here and there, but I would say he walked at least 5 miles without much complaining. Landen didn't have any trouble. I'm attaching a few pictures. After it was over, they had a huge hot dog cookout, with lots of snacks and gave all the kids ribbons for finishing. It was really well organized and the kids enjoyed it. Today, Landen had his regular field day but I didn't go to it so I won't have pictures from that. He gets out of school next Thursday and then the fun begins.

Matt's been working a lot lately and this weekend is no exception. He'll be working through the weekend, but he's close by. It's funny how kids deal with mommy's and daddy's being gone. Hayden came up with tears last night asking when daddy was gonna be home because he missed him. It had only been 1 night! Then, Landen comes up this morning telling me all about this dream he had about daddy getting deployed again. I think this stems from his friends at school. His best friends dad is in Iraq, and several other kids dads are too. Its kind of nice for him to go to school with all of them together because they all can relate on that level, unlike if he were in some random public school. I like that he can see lots of moms and dads are gone at times. Military kids are tough little kids, you have to hand it to them. I think sometimes, the general public forgets about the little ones and how much they sacrifice too. So, kudos to military kids! And military wives :-)

Let's see. Tomorrow is our last round of baseball games and team parties and then sports will be finished until the fall. I've been dreading the summer a little, but in the last couple of days I have started looking forward to it. Maybe this is a good sign :-)


1 comment:

The Traxsons said...

Yep, I think we do forget how tough those little munchkins are! And speaking of military wives - Army Wives returns this Sunday over here. I can't remember if you are a fan or not, but I LOVE it and am counting down the days! Ha!