Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tschuss

You know you live in a foreign country when you wake up in the morning, and your husband says you continued to say "Tschuss" (cheers!) while sleep talking during the night.

Speaking of talking German. I must brag on Matt a little bit. His German is really coming along! We went to dinner the other night for our anniversary, and I was very surprised to hear him talking to the waitress with such good German dialect. Granted, he was reading a lot of it, but he's learned the pronunciation, unlike me. I guess he is exposed to it so much more with his work. I get frustrated and freeze when I can't understand what they are asking me. I don't do well under pressure. I do lots of hand gestures, smiling, and saying, "I don't know." Matt says I say "do what?" a lot, which I'm trying to break myself of. I had no idea I was saying that!!

Matt's always so calm and collected. Nothing is a big deal to him. I wish I could be a little more like that. I'm really in kind of a bad mood today. Nothing terrible has happened, but its just a chain of little things that I let stress me. To Matt, it wouldn't be a big deal. To me, it ruins my whole day. For starters, Jordyn got up at 5:30 (as she has for almost a week now.) I am not a morning person. I like my sleep, so this does NOT start me off on a good note. Then, after two bowl fulls of cereal spilled all over the kitchen floor, I head to the base and get stopped at the gate for a car search. It's really not a big deal. But, I was meeting someone at the gym and this put me behind a little. Then, I had problems finding my car registration while the kids are in back crying and asking why its taking so long. I get to the gym and Jordyn cries after bumping her head. I might have gotten 1.5 miles in on the ellyptical but then it was all over because I couldn't calm her down.

Hmmm... maybe I'll go get myself a cup of coffee. So, I drive to the coffee shop (we have a Starbucks now!) and yep, NO parking places. None. Zero. With two kids in tow, I'm not walking blocks to get one little cup of coffee. So, I'm off to my next errand. We need to order oil for the house. Our house and water is heated by oil which is filled into these huge tanks (taller than me.) And, its NOT cheap. We've already had it filled, though not to the top, about 3 times. Today, I got $2000 worth. You know how much that bought? 1600 liters. It won't even fill up 1/2 of 1 of the tanks. Ok. I didn't mean to get off on that. Back to the oil ordering. Evidently, I'm the first customer to order oil since they switched computer systems. So, 3 men, 4 phone calls, 8 swipes of my card, 2 antsy kids, and 45 minutes later, I got my order placed. It'll be delivered on Thursday. I wonder what more fun that will bring.

Sorry to be so negative, but I'm a little blogged out and don't have much to write about at the moment. I'm tired. I'm cranky. Hopefully, I'll be in a better mood next posts.

Tscheuss!

6 comments:

Sisters said...

Girl, you are not alone. There are just days like that. A verse that gets me through the days is Isaiah 40:11 He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosum, and gently lead those who are with young. You are being guided by the very hand of God and He knows you have 3 little kids that sometimes wear you out!
I am so impressed with you, in a foreign country, and don't know anyone. You are a trooper!
Julie

The Traxsons said...

Hang in there! You really are a trooper! I probably wouldn't have even left the house after the 2 bowls of cereal ;)

Terri said...

Hey, there's a picture of Kodie, Kodie, Kodie!!!! I miss her, too!

Mandy said...

Ew. I am not a morning person either! The only person in our household who is, is Seth, so it makes everyone a little more cranky when he is whistling and happy! Poor guy! I do admire that you are able to function so well in a foreign country! I don't think I could do it in another city or another state!! :)

Jason & Stacy said...

Girl, it will get better. You just have the luck sometimes! haha

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

Jolee! I wish you were here! I see the pic of Cody....how sweet.....i bet you guys miss her so much! She is so cute.

The little things in life sometimes equal big stress! There are days when I come home and realize nothing big happened, it was just all of the little things building up...and they can be so emotionally draining.

You held it together..you are a good mommy....and at the end of the day, you are home safe and sound with a lot accomplished. I dont know how you do it! I look up to you!