Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pitch, Hit and Run....


This actually happened last week, but I'm just now getting around to posting it. Landen entered a Pitch, Hit & Run contest last week at the base. He competed against the 9&10 year olds from both bases and everyone was welcome to compete. Baseball is Landen's favorite sport, so of course he was ready and waiting! I had warned him that he just turned 9 and probably shouldn't expect to win anything, but it would be a fun experience for him. He's very competitive and he definitely proved me wrong.

He placed 1st in the hitting competition and 2nd All Around! He was very excited. However, when they handed out the awards, they didn't call his name for the hitting part. They gave a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place for every division and then an overall 1, 2 & 3. To make a long story short, we checked with the "officials" after the awards were handed out and "Oops!" they definitely made a mistake and he placed first. We also found he didn't get the points for the All Around then, so we think he actually got 1st place in the All Around. Anyway... he handled it like a trooper and the people felt really bad about it. He said it was ok and kept a smile on his face. They gave him a free shirt to go along with his free hat and that made him happy. I know some kids would have handled that a little differently, so I was more proud of that than him actually winning. Of course, that didn't hurt. Congratulations, Landen!!

Here's a little picture of the two munchkins watching cartoons. I'm going to miss these days! Also, notice the sticker on Jordyn's hand. After a little lapse of a couple of weeks, she is doing GREAT at the potty again and loves to get stickers after she goes. :-) I don't even try when we are out and about, but I guess I should start doing that sometime soon. We're taking a trip in July, so I'm kind of holding out until after those long car rides are finished for a little bit. Excuses, excuses... I know. ha! It's always scary the first few times you take them out in public in underwear. You moms out there know what I mean.... It will probably be a while before I venture into that.

3 comments:

Jason & Stacy said...

Way to go Landen!! You are an awesome player.

Jason & Stacy said...

Way to go Landen!! You an awesome player!!

The Traxsons said...

Great job Landen!