Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Race Is On


I'm happy to report that Matt drove to Luxembourg last night, after spending all day at the ballfields and ran his 3rd 1/2 marathon. Congratulations, honey! I don't know how you do it. I'm still struggling with this 5K I'm suppose to run on Thursday. :) He said it was really fun and a neat experience. The only negative thing he had to say about it was that everyone smelled before the race began. Yes, its true that a lot of Europeans do NOT wear deodorant. Thank goodness the majority of the race was outside, however the end of the race was inside and he said he was about to pass out from the stink! You can imagine how stinky it is even with deodorant, so just triple that..... lol. And on that same note, it does stink when you walk into some of the stores here. I don't think their a big fan of candles, either.

Here's a picture of him after he got back home. He doesn't look like he just ran 13+ miles, does he? His feet do though. He has quite a blister. The kids and I didn't go this year, but plan to next year because he said there is plenty to keep the kids entertained. Plus, I figure Jordyn will be a little easier in a year.

I just got an email from the friends he went with and there are a couple of pictures they took of him. Here he is in the actual race. The one with the smile is the beginning and the not so happy is toward the end. You could have figured that out, huh? Oh, his time was right around 2 hours - give or take 2 minutes. The official results aren't published yet.


2 comments:

Jason & Stacy said...

Good job Matt:)
Good luck with your race Thursday, Jolee.

The Traxsons said...

Wow, and he did all of that with no breakfast! Ha!

All kidding aside, great job Matt! I don't know how you do it either. I volunteer for a marathon here and cheer the runners on but I doubt I'll ever join in! Good luck on your 5K Jolee! I can't wait to hear how it goes!