Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy 28th, Terri!

I have to send out a very special Happy Birthday to my little sister, Terri. I bet you were thinking you would read all about my mothers, huh? Well, Terri was born on Mother's Day 28 years ago and doesn't particularly like it when her Birthday falls this way, so I decided to pay tribute to her. I guess she's not so little anymore, since she's graduated from college, law school and passed the bar in CA, huh? I can't believe you are an official lawyer working full time these days! It sounds so grown up.

Terri, you know we miss you terribly and wish we could spend more time with you. I'm really disliking this time difference from Germany to CA. It makes it almost impossible to talk to one another on the phone. Thank goodness for blogs and emails.

I have lots of fun memories of us growing up: sleeping together on Christmas Eve nights, jumping on the trampoline (and telling you that you were adopted - oops! I got in trouble for that), trying to dress you up in my tutu's while you would rather have been in a football helmet, teaching you to ride your bike without training wheels, playing Life, living with me for the summer in Florida, rescuing me numerous times when I was sick and had the kids in CA, driving around Beverly Hills and stalking celebrity houses, and so many more.

Some things I miss about you is your priceless smile, your quick and funny wit, watching you wait until the very last minute to get ready in the mornings, the way you play with the kids, getting a good ole' sonic drink and eating mexican together, highlighting each others hair, doing a little shopping (until you've had enough), and just hanging out. We haven't gotten to be together much in a long time, but I am hoping one day that our lives will settle down and we will live at least within driving distance of one another.

I hope you have a wonderful day today and wish I could give you a big hug. Happy Birthday!!!

A big Happy Mother's Day to both of my mother's, as well. I love you both and miss you terribly. I had a wonderful day today having a little "alone" time which I crave. Matt took the kids out for 5 hours and I took a shower in peace, scrapbooked, sat out on the patio and read a magazine, and made a quick trip to the gym. It was wonderful! Thanks, Matt. I love you, too.

5 comments:

The Traxsons said...

Happy Birthday Terri! I'll have to add my memory...our trip to see Janet Jackson in LR! We had so much fun!

Terri said...

Aww, thanks for the kinds words! And I loved the video. It made my day!

Terri said...

Ummm, I meant "kind," not "kinds."

Matt and Jolee said...

Yeah - and I didn't get to go.... instead I was on my way to FL in tears b/c I thought Matt was deploying and then he didn't even go! Not such a good memory for me... lol

Sisters said...

Julie use to tell me I was adpoted too and make me cry. Big sisters are mean! :)
AJL