Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jordyn!!




Bear with me while I dote on my little girl. She's 2 today. T W O. 2. How did that happen so quickly? Time flies when your having fun??

Most of you know I wanted a girl so badly. I never thought it would be an issue when I was growing up. I just thought I would have a boy and a girl and that would be that. It didn't occur to me until I was married that the possibility of having a little girl may not happen. After all, I married into an all boy family. :-) When I had Landen, I truely thought he was going to be a girl. I even felt a little disappointment after I found out he was a boy. Isn't that terrible of me? Awful, I know. I can't imagine not having such 2 cute and adorable little boys running around my house. They are everything to me. After suffering through 3 miscarriages post Landen, I soon learned that I was lucky to have any baby at all and it was truely a gift from God that he blessed us with.

I also knew growing up (ok dreamed) that I would have 3 children. I grew up with 3, so I'm sure that's why I imagined that. After two boys, I really had to decide did I REALLY want a 3rd baby? Even if it was another boy? The answer... yes. I did. I've always loved babies and I have several friends with 3 boys. So, I figured I might as well join the group and have 3 boys of my own.

Fast forward to ultrasound day. My sister in law did one a little early since she's a radiologist. Nice, I know! She looked and looked after I plopped on the table and told her to show me the "pecker." hee hee. She laughed and looked and looked. She even got someone else to look because I don't believe she believed it herself. She couldn't find one. It was a GIRL! I sat in disbelief as she and I went to eat lunch. I couldn't even eat I was so excited and a little skeptical because it was so early. When I dropped her back off at work, she said... "You want to go look again?!" So, off we went. Yep. No boy parts had grown over lunch. G I R L.

I was giddy with excitement and have been every since that day. I would have loved another little boy too, I know. But, a girl in the house was going to mean baby dolls and pink clothes. A change from trucks and hotwheels. Who are we kidding, she is probably going to be a tomboy with 2 brothers, I know. But, until she begins to choose for herself she will wear bows and cute little dresses. I'm obsessed with bows and she FINALLY has enough hair that it actually NEEDS to be brushed a little bit.

Jordyn you are all I had ever hoped for. Your brothers absolutely love and adore you. They are so good with you. You love to crawl into Landen's lap and let him nurture you. Though, you and Hayden have a bit of a love/hate relationship. You LOVE your daddy and want to be at his side at all times. I think your daddy's heart melts a little more each time you give him a hug and a kiss. He never thought he would have a little girl, either.

We celebrated yesterday with just a little party of our family. I debated about inviting a few and just decided you would probably be happier without all the hoopla. Maybe next year we'll invite a couple of friends. She loved opening her presents and took her time as she had to play with each one along the way.

Happy Birthday, Jordyn. We love you and I look forward to the many years to come with you. You are my angel (even when you may act like the devil... just kidding.)



Thank you, God for our 3 healthy children. Forgive me for when I forget that.

4 comments:

The Traxsons said...

I can't believe she is 2 either!!! My how time flies! I just think of her as so much younger than Sam, but she really isn't.

Happy Birthday Jordyn!! I'm so glad your mommy got herselft a girl (and your daddy too because I know you have him wrapped around your little finger!!) :)

Sisters said...

She is so stink'n cute!
AJL

Jason & Stacy said...

She is looking so grown up. I cannot wait to see you all next summer :). Let me know and I WILL take off work.

Also, I have not blogged in a while, but the email explained it all a couple of days ago. I will get better. God Bless. Stacy

Terri said...

Hmmm, methinks we need a London report.