Sunday, February 1, 2009

Kid Art






I love looking at my kids art. I don't know why, but I never seem to take pictures of it. It really just dawned on me that I could make a whole file of pictures of my kids drawings and keep forever. I'm going to try and start doing that! Landen has always been a bit of an artist... I really think he has a little bit of talent in that area and he certainly didn't get it from me. My mother in law has a hidden talent of drawing... my brother can draw as well so maybe that's where he gets it. I really think my sister can do a little sketching herself... (Norma, I still want you to draw my kids for me and I'm going to keep bugging you about it :) I'm lucky enough to have a little art corner for the kids downstairs. It's really a little hallway beside the steps that we put a table and art supplies in. Of course, they usually end up drawing elsewhere. Oh well.

Anyway... here are a few sketches and maybe I'll start occasionally sharing some more. Landen is really into music as you can see. Hayden has really just started drawing a few picturs. He's never been one to color or draw so I get so excited when he actually brings me something he has worked hard on and is proud of. He's also starting to write his own sentences by sounding them out, which I love as well. Jordyn... well, we'll have to wait and see!




Landen's - age 6









Landen's more recent ones






Hayden's



"Water is good for you. Water is bad for you. Water is mad. " LOL!



Our Art Corner


4 comments:

Terri said...

I never got my Germany picture from Landen. What's up with that?! Let him know it would make a nice birthday present. And I love the water sentences. That's classic!

Matt and Jolee said...

We were just discussing that yesterday. I mentioned it to Landen and he told me he drew one and gave it to daddy to mail. So, I'll ask Matt about it but I have my doubts it's still around... stay tuned!

Mark and Courtney said...

I love this idea. My husband laughs at me because I have piles of the kids drawings and school papers that I want to save. This just may be the solution to our clutter! Loved the boys artwork and the sentences were too funny!

amy said...

we have a huge art basket that is running over with paper! i can't believe you posted this because i was in the middle of drafting mine when i saw yours. hop on over. i have an idea for you. see what you think.