Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This and That

There is really no theme to this post, it's just a mixture of random thoughts and what has been going on lately.

Matt made it back from the US and had a great time. He had the opportunity to visit Fort Smith and see his family one last time before he deploys. He hasn't been back since we moved over here and that's been about 21 months for him. I think it's the longest either of us have ever gone without a trip to Razorback country. I'm looking forward to my turn this summer. I am still in some serious denial that he is leaving again. Reality is slowly starting to set in... we are going to start making preparations soon. There are so many things to think about and get done before he leaves. At least I have started jotting down a list of a few things.

He returned with a super duper Valentine's present for me and all of the other miscellaneous things I asked him to come home with - 4 buttons, a long sleeved leotard, spanish peanuts, a bible for Hayden with his name on it, Spongebob DVD's, and more miscellaneous things. These are typical of the small things that frustrate me here because a) I can't seem to find them or b) there is one choice, and one choice only.

Matt also brought back a 2 1/2 X 3 1/2 picture frame. My sister made Jordyn a small cross stitch and brought it to her when she visited us in the fall. I haven't been able to frame it, so I asked Matt to bring something back. He pulled through with a .98 picture frame from where else... Walmart. I threw a few rhinestones on it and added a bow and wahh... lahh.. it will work for now. Thanks, Terri.



The boys are finishing up basketball season and we'll have a nice break before we begin baseball. Hayden has had a fantastic season and loves it. Landen's team has struggled quite a bit, but he has been a trooper and hung in there. It has been a good learning experience and we will just leave it at that. He's looking forward to baseball and hoping he gets on a more talented team.



We have been talking of taking a quick day trip to a US cemetery in Luxembourg. However, the two times we have tried we have awoken to snow and ice on the ground. One of these days, hopefully soon, we will make it there. On the weather note, we have had a lot more snow this season that last. It never accumulates a whole lot, it's just more of a constant thin layer of snow and ice. The boys aren't even really excited to see it anymore. It's funny how the excitement disappears once you take something for granted, isn't it?

I guess that's all of my random thoughts for now. Oh. Happy Birthday to my mom yesterday and Matt's dad today. We love you both!

3 comments:

The Traxsons said...

So what was the Valentine's present? You can't just say he brought you a super duper present and not tell us what it was! Ha!

Matt and Jolee said...

Some diamond earrings :-)

Terri said...

Oooo, nice!!