Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Happy 3rd, Pipers!




Three years old. Wow! It's hard to believe I no longer have a 2 year old. Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms for the very first time and couldn't wait to stick a dress and a big ole' bow in her hair. Time has flown, she has changed and is turning into such a little lady. It's so much fun to watch you grow... We love you, Pipers! Not sure why we call her Pipers, but anyway... we do. She giggles every time Matt calls her on the phone and says Jordy Pordy Pipers! Of course, there is a certain tone you must use.

Yes, I made this cake with a little bit of help from my mom and aunt Donna. I must admit I am proud of it and had fun making it (even if it did almost fall over and then I proceeded to spill a cup of water on the bottom of it... oh, and the handle collapsed. hee, hee!) The internet can help with so many things. In case you are still wondering, it is supposed to be a purse. Jordyn loves her purse and that's what she told me she wanted - a purse cake and a tiny rock band like Landen's.

6 comments:

Sassylassy5 said...

Happy birthday precious! Jolee, I am praying for you all daily. I'm glad your mom and aunt have been able to visit you all. I pray for them too. God's blessing and protection on you all.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday to Jordyn! I'm VERY impressed with the cake. It looks like she had a great day.

Nicole L Tubman said...

Love the cake! I am so impressed that you attempted it. How awesome that your mom and Aunt were there to help celebrate her birthday.

Jason & Stacy said...

How cute :) You did a great job on the cake.

Terri said...

The purse cake turned out so amazing!! Well done! I think you have a new calling.

The Traxsons said...

that cake is awesome! for some reason it just occurred to me that now that your blog is private my blog won't tell me when yours is updated. So all this time you've been posting and I've been missing out! I had to go catch up :) Happy LATE birthday to Jordyn!