Sunday, October 4, 2009

Luxembourg, again...

My mom and aunt Donna have come to visit me. It's definitely helping pass the time until Matt gets to come home. We've been doing a little bit of sightseeing and hope to do a lot more. I think they are enjoying themselves and we are definitely enjoying them. The first start was our old faithful, Manderscheid Castle.


Aunt Donna lost her glasses in the grass, and Landen found them to her delight.


I've posted tons of pictures of Luxembourg before, so I won't bore you with more. However, we did go visit the American Cemetery in Luxembourg which I've been talking about for a while now. It was really pretty, well manicured, and a smaller version of what we saw at Normandy. General Patton is buried there which you will see his grave in the pictures. This is where most of the soldiers are buried after the most famous, Battle of the Bulge. After the cemetery, we headed into the town of Luxembourg and spent part of the afternoon. The kids always like playing at the big city park and they had a great time as they usually do.


2 comments:

Ginger said...

Mom says they are having fun and you are a great host. I hope Hayden is feeling better. Happy Birthday Jordyn!

Terri said...

Aren't you glad that I educated you about the Battle of the Bulge now? If I get to come visit again before y'all leave, I want to check out the cemetery.