Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pappaw, We Love You


We will all miss my grandfather dearly. He passed away early this morning after being sick for quite some time. He was a wonderful man that I am so thankful my children grew to know. What fantastic memories we have of him... traveling in his RV, taking care of his garden, and taking care of my grandmother for so many years. I can remember him taking us on road trips when we were young and he was a salesman. He came to my dance recitals as a young girl and loved to have homemade ice cream on the 4th of July.

We love you so much and will miss you. Thank you for being a wonderful Pappaw for so many years. Tears are falling, but we know you are in a better place.


5 comments:

Paul and Doris said...

We are so sorry to hear about your Grandfather and understand how hard it is to be so far away. Cherish all the good memories you have.

Wendy said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather! :( I'm sure it makes it even harder that you're so far away....I'll keep you all in my prayers!

Sassylassy5 said...

Jolee, just want you to know I'm praying for you and your family. I know it's tough to be away from home during these times but God knows that too and He will comfort beyond understanding. I'm praying especially hard for Matt's protection and comfort.

amy said...

so sorry for your loss. sounds like you have some wonderful memories. i certainly can relate. glad you had a good time with your mom and aunt.

Mark and Courtney said...

So very sorry to hear of your loss but happy to see Matt will be home soon. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.