Friday, May 25, 2007

To My Hubby....

Matt and I have been married 11 years today! Happy Anniversary, honey!

I can't believe 11 years have passed. Well, lets see, we dated for 5 years so we have been together for 16 years now. Wow! I remember our wedding like it was just yesterday. I was nervous and emotional - thats a shock, huh! I cried the whole way down the aisle. We had all our friends and family there... I remember not ever eating a piece of our cake.... how did that happen? I remember the bean bag that was popped in our car - what a mess that was! I remember the flight to Hawaii - what a long one that was. It was such a fun time though. Then, came our first of many moves to South Carolina. I had my first car wreck the first time you went on a TDY. I knew nobody! We had Landen and moved away when he was just 7 weeks old. Then, OKC was just a blink and we were gone... Ft. Walton Beach - ahhhh... the white sand and ocean! California - not my most favorite move, but we survived and brought about our precious little Hayden.... Then, onto Arkansas where the boys have grown, we've spent time with all our family, and now we have our little baby girl. We have friends and are established, so guess what... its time to move again!!!

I don't know what to expect this move, but I know that we will make it and be happy as long as we are together. Who would have ever thought, when we got married, I would actually look forward to moving?!?! While I am sad to go, and many tears will (already have) flow... I am anxious and excited about our next 11 years together. And the 11 after that, and the 11 after that.....

I love you and wouldn't change a thing!!! Happy Anniversary.

5 comments:

The Traxsons said...

That is so sweet! I thought about you guys yesterday - I remember your wedding too and can't believe it's been 11 years!

Terri said...

California should be one of your most favorite seeing as how it's the only time in the last 11 years that you've lived near me!! Silly, girl.

Anonymous said...

I second Terri's note....what do you possibly mean that California was one of your least favorite places!!! I'm crushed! And BCHD would be crushed too!! We're still talking smack about the girl who switched us to 26 payperiods per year!! :) Love the pictures, can't believe Hayden's grown so much from the white-haired little bundle I saw the day he was born, and still miss you every single day! And you didn't enjoy California!! Jeez!
Judy

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

Oh Jolee! How time flies! You guys are still so in love and I LOVE it. All the kiddos are really growing, thanks for keeping me updated. I love to look at the blog and see the pics!

Happy Anniversary!

Kristy

Jason & Stacy said...

So you were also married in May, we just celebrated our 11th, too. I will truely miss you girl. The boys and I can't wait to get together on the 16th with your family.
lol
stacy