Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy 9th Big Guy!





Landen, Landen, Landen. I thought we had discussed this before. Please stop growing up! You obviously have other plans. I suppose I will have to live with it whether I want to or not.

Well, its your big day and I love you more than you'll ever know. You are getting so grown up and changing in so many ways. I love many things about you and here are a few:

I love the way you nurture your little sister.
I love they way you nurture your little brother. And, fight with him.
I love that you are very sentimental and have such a huge heart for people who are hurting.
I love that you love to play sports and are SO aggressive out there.
I love that you turn a shade of red when you get embarrassed.
I love that you love to go to school and still let me bring cookies this year to celebrate.
I love that you enjoy all the trips we are taking and soaking it all in.
I love that you love to write about your trips in your journal.
I love that you love your family - grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles.
I love that you have nice manners when we are in public and I usually don't have to worry about how you act.
I love that you are starting to sleep in a little on Saturday mornings.
I love the way you dance to Soldier Boy.
I love the way you sing along with your iPod.
I love that you like to play Yahtzee with me.
I love the way you pray at the dinner table. You are never at a loss for words.
I love that you are NEVER at a loss for words at any moment.
I love hearing your laugh when daddy tackles you.
I love watching you ride your bike and roller blade.
I love that you put on a baseball cap as soon as you get out of the shower.

But, most of all....

I love that I get to be your mom. Happy 9th Birthday!!! Have fun today. (The computer is showing Friday's date, but I posted this today March 30th. It must post the date you start the entry.)


On another note, mom and dad made it to Germany and have already been here a whole week! Time is flying and we are all having fun. We are headed to EuroDisney in one week. Then we're off to Keukenhof, Holland to see the tulips. Here are a few pictures of places around here... The weather was beautiful today. We got up to 61!

4 comments:

Jason & Stacy said...

I am so glad your parents arrived safely. I can't believe he's nine. Just think you will be wear I am at in 4 years. Good luck. hahaha!!

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

Gosh 9 years! oh my! i remember that little blonde headed baby....what happened to him! How fast they grow! So glad your parents are there safe. I cant wiat to see the pics of tulips!

The Traxsons said...

Wow, so hard to believe that Landen is 9! Happy Birthday Landen! I pulled out a recipe the other day that you sent me, apparently about 9 years ago, that said “I would write more, but Landen just woke up from his nap.” And I remember him crying in the airport and yelling my name (well, an obscene form of my name that really didn’t sound anything like my name!) for all to hear when I left after visiting you guys – I can’t remember but I think he was about 2. Isn’t that crazy? Ok, and I LOVE that he plays Yahtzee with you because I love that game – so when I come to visit the 3 of us will have to play!

Tell your mom and dad "HI” for me!

Shannon said...

It looks like he had a fun birthday! I know you were glad to have your family visit. I love the new pics!