Saturday, March 22, 2008

Here comes Peter Cottontail - in the SNOW





There's been lots of "first" in our lives since we moved to Germany. This weekend is the "first" time I've ever colored Easter Eggs while it was snowing outside! It snows, the ground is white. The kids go out and play for 30 minutes. An hour or two later, it has melted. Then, the cycle starts all over again. It has done this for the past week and is predicted for the next week! We will see how tomorrow goes, but I predict we will be hunting easter eggs indoors this year. It won't be the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

For those of you who like a German lesson, here goes. The picture below is of German children walking through the neighborhoods with their noise makers. They do this on Easter weekend at noon, in place of the church bells. I wish I had caught them coming up the street, but by the time I got my camera they had already turned around. They then come knock on your door and ask for money for the church. Thank goodness one of the little girls translated :) At least, that's where I think my 5 euro went, ha, ha.



Happy Easter to everyone!!! I hope your weather is better than ours.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Easter Jolee! You know how the weather is here is Arkansas! We could be hunting eggs inside too! 8-) Have a wonderful Easter day!

The Giffords said...

Happy Easter to all of you too. Looks like fun!

The Traxsons said...

It was cold here too - no snow, but cold anyway!