Tuesday, March 18, 2008

She's growing up!

For those of you who have never potty trained, you may want to skip this posts! I'll get something more interesting for you later. Look for pictures from my girls trip to Baden, Baden this past weekend coming soon.

Now, for those of you with little ones at home... here's my story. I've always "heard" girls train easier and faster than boys. I always wondered if it was true, considering up until now I only had boys to compare. Well, if this past week is any indication I think there is some truth to it. I'm sure you see where this headed.

Jordyn, 17 months, has started showing an interest in the potty. I ignored her for the most part because frankly, I'm not ready for it and assumed she is too young. The boys were a good 2 1/2 before I got them trained and I had to bribe, bribe, bribe. Hayden was almost 3 before I got him to go #2. He would hold out for days and days until I would give in and give him a diaper to do his business. Anyway, back to Jordyn.

So, I finally let her sit on the potty a couple of nights after she promptly got out of her bath and pee'd on the rug every night. She laughed and it was cute and that was it. Then, the third night... I told her no again about the rug and sat her down on the potty. She went!!! We laughed and cheered and I was convinced it was a fluke. I even emailed a few friends with girls and asked their thoughts. All but one replied with she's ready! Go for it. Anyway, I'm taking a laid back approach and she has now pee'd in the potty 5 out of 6 evenings. She goes immediately when I sit her on it. So, today I thought lets try one time and see what happens. She went! I tried again later and she didn't go, then ran to the laundry room and pee'd in the floor, lol. I wasn't in there to see her do it, but she came and grabbed my hand and lead me to it and pointed. Uh oh.

So, I don't know where this is headed and if it will end soon. But, wouldn't it be something??!!! I think I'm going to at least buy one package of pull ups and see. I assume she'll have a set back or stop the interests, but several of you had your girls trained by 2 so maybe not. Stay tuned!!!

4 comments:

Jason & Stacy said...

Hey, My mom told me I was trained by 18 months. So I would say it must be true about little girls. She told me my brother was a pain to train.

The Traxsons said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! Sam won't even sit on the potty without crying :(

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

I have a funny potty training story...Greg was potty trained at the same age as Jordan from using a book and a bear/bunny. The book was part of a program where they have a little buddy...OR bunny/bear in his case, that they take potty, and then they learn to go. You basically trap them in a room, with no diaper all day, and take them potty every hour. istn that funny! eheheh. One of the things we work on with our kids in therapy is Potty Training, because of course, it involves communication! The boys are always later! I have heard to go to cloth diapers when they are close to the age you want to train them because they dont wick away the moisture as fast :). Looks like little John Lleyton will give me a run for my money :)

Leigh Ann said...

All I can say is I'm jealous. We are nowhere close!:(