Saturday, December 6, 2008


.




I can't believe my brother and his family are already gone. Time flew by, but we had a great time together. We got to visit Christmas markets, play in the snow, they went to Paris, and best of all we got to hang out at the house and just visit together. Thanks for coming! We already miss you.

We love you! See you this summer :-) Now, we're ready to see Nana and Pops in a few weeks!!

On another note, December 6 is a German holiday called St. Nicholas' Day. As in many other European countries, on the eve of Dec. 6th children place a shoe or boot by the fireplace. During the night, St. Nicholas, the patron saint of children, hops from house to house carrying a book of sins in which all of the misdeeds of the children are written. If they have been good, he fills the shoe or boot with delicious holiday edibles. If they have not been good, their shoe is filled with twigs.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

St Nicholas visited my children last night; but, our dogs chewed up all of the gum he left for them!!! The kids were good sports about it, though!

The Traxsons said...

So did your kids get twigs or treats? Ha!

Shannon said...

I've been catching up with your blog. I love that your family is coming to visit regularly! How fun. It looks like you've had a great time. Your kids are adorable. I love Jordyn's winter coat too.

Terri said...

I want to see all of the Christmas festivities for myself. Maybe I'll be rich by next year, so I can come out during the holidays.