Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fall?


Is it possible that Fall is already here? In Germany, it is. The leaves aren't turning yet, but I remember them turning so early last year. I suspect within a month they will begin to change colors. This week we have gone back to the "German" weather we are used to. It's windy, chilly and we even woke up to thick fog this morning. We'll have a day or two of sunshine here and there, but for us I think Fall is beginning.

I've always been a spring and summer girl. Though, this year I never got my "heat" and sunshine fix. So, for once I am welcoming Fall. I am excited about the changing leaves, they are gorgeous in this hilly area. The thought of being on the soccer field in our jackets and gloves, pumpkins, and all the celebrated holidays is beginning to excite me.

Then again, maybe its the fact that school starts tomorrow.

2 comments:

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

I read somewhere when researching my family history that Arkansas reminded Germans of thier homeland and that was why so many immigrated there. Isnt that interesting? You know IC church was built by German immigrants...and I think parts of it are actually from Germany! Possibly the stained glass but not sure. Anyway, my family is from right where you live! You will have to take pics for me and post them!
Kristy

Matt and Jolee said...

I think you sent me the town they were from. I'll have to look back through my emails now that I know the area a little better.