Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Travel With Terri






Can you tell school has begun and I am actually busy for a change?? Breakfast, school, tour guide, lunch, housework, homework, soccer, dinner, bed. That's about it, to sum our days. It's been a welcome change from the summer. The boys are slowly adjusting to their new routines after a long and lazy summer and so am I.

Terri has been here two full weeks now and we have managed to travel to a few more places. She's seen the majority of what I "know" to show her around this area. We've been to Cochem, Bernkastle, Bitburg, Trier, Ramstein/Kaiserslautern, several castles, Luxembourg, and Koln. We are going to venture into the corner of Belgium tomorrow and see what we can find. I would love to take her to Holland and spend a few days, but it just won't work out with the kids being in school and Matt being gone. We will get to end on a high note to Paris, just the two of us. We are really looking forward to that! Check out Terri's blog on my sidebar for more pictures of our travels. She will be updating it soon.

I'm posting a few pictures of the last week. Jordyn has been fairly good at most of the places, with the exception of Cochem. That was just NOT a fun day for any of us, thanks to her. A toddler will be a toddler. I will try and get some soccer pictures of the boys this weekend.

Only 4 more sleeps until Daddy comes home! The 6 weeks have gone pretty smoothly and a lot has happened since he left. We can't wait to give him a big ole' hug and actually talk to him in person. The kids have barely been phased by his absence with the exception of the first week or two. Once we got in our routine, they hit their stride and have been so busy they don't have time to think about him being gone too often. It's amazing to me how much military kids have to endure, adapt and overcome. I never had to face anything that hard as a child myself, so I have much admiration for them.

Oh, yeah. I got pooped on. That's always a nice way to start out the day. :-)

6 comments:

Terri said...

Poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandy said...

Well....it's better than being puked on, I guess!

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

you look beautiful even with POOP on you!

amy said...

glad you've had terri there as a distraction. only a few more sleeps! that's what we do. kids measure time so differently, right? looks like you're having fun, and i'm sure jordyn loves being the only for a little while.

The Traxsons said...

sounds like quite the adventurous couple of weeks! glad to hear matt will be home soon...i know you'll all be so happy to have him home!

Sisters said...

How fun that Terri came for 2 weeks. I love sister time!
AJL