Sunday, May 3, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin!

Packing,


Presents,



Pictures,


Tears,
Driving,


Chili's for lunch,
Airport,



Flight canceled,



home again.


More tears,
More goodbyes,


More driving,
Subway for lunch,
Airport.


This time he didn't return with us. It was a long week, but we made it. The kids had a rough time of it, but they are trudging through and today has been a better day. To my surprise, I have been able to hold it together in front of the kids for the most part. It's not until the quiet hits and the night is upon us, that I began to feel the tears fall again. Thank you for the prayers. We have felt them. Please keep Matt in your prayers over the next several months. Pray for his safety and for his time to go quickly. We love you and miss you already!

5 comments:

Greg, Kristy, and John Lleyton said...

Jolee, I wish I could be there to take you through those nights when I know it will be hard. Please call me if it gets rough. You know I think of you often...Love you girl!

Mark and Courtney said...

I love the adorable presents Matt gave the kids...they can hug up to those when they are missing him! (Did you get a pillow too?!) Also love the ticker counting down! My heart hurts for you but I pray that time will go by fast and God will keep you all safe/healthy. Your family's sacrifice and Matt's service does not go unnoticed or unappreciated! *HUGS*

amy said...

oh, girl! that brings back so many memories, and the feelings all came rushing back. your kids are precious and those pictures say it all. i'll be praying in so many ways for your family, that the time goes by quickly, the kids adjust as best as they can, for your sanity, for safety, for what you will learn in those painful, quiet moments, and the list goes on and on. love ya, girl!

Kty said...

Jolee, We will also be praying for you, that God will comfort you in the way only He knows how in ways you need it, in just the right time! Thankfully He knows and loves us so well! God bless you and your family!
Katy Pullen

Mandy said...

Jolee, I haven't been on your blog in quite awhile, but knew that Matt was leaving- I've been praying for you!! (and will continue to!)