Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why Can I Not Think of Any Catchy Titles Anymore?

I'm leaving my blog open one more week as I'm still getting trickling comments and emails from various people. Thanks to all of you for commenting and emailing me and if you haven't yet, please see the post below and send me your email address.

Time is going slow here, but we are doing ok. Today withheld a few meltdowns from all of us, but we made a big pan of brownies and that made it all better! We are really missing Matt and the 5 months without him is taking a toll. When I think back, in some ways it has gone quickly and in other ways it seems like an eternity ago that we saw him.

Jordyn started gymnastics today and I was thinking back to when Matt left. She had her first gymnastics performance not long after he left and I took a few pictures. Look how much she's grown just since he's been gone. I wish I would have measured all of them before he left. I think they've all grown quite a bit over the summer. Landen's foot is as big as mine now and he's up to 5'. Hayden is finally growing and has lost his first tooth. I think he's about to lose a second one before long. The ironical thing is that Landen lost his first tooth while Matt was in Iraq... now Hayden has lost his first while he's in Afghanistan. I wonder where he will be when Jordyn loses her first tooth??!

In May



Today

The boys were really cracking me up playing outside tonight with their American friends down the street. They were playing world war with all their guns. What I found funny was listening to their comments.... "I'm America", I'm "Germany", I'm "Russian", I'm "Poland"..... "No, Poland is poor. I'm Korean!," , "Oh, wait! I'm Chinese - they make everything and have lots of money!"... I just thought that was funny for young kids to be saying. It's amazing what they pick up so young. They proceeded to play and used pears that had fallen to the ground from the pear tree next door and threw them as grenades. So funny... what a bunch of military brats, right?

2 comments:

kathy said...

I would love to be included in your blog list. I love reading about you and your family. You know i know your parents and in laws for ever.....my email is davis6418@sbcglobal.net
and you know that i am abby and julie's mama

The Traxsons said...

Wow, you're right...she looks so much more grown up in the pictures from now compared to those from May. Sounds like the boys were having a great time :)