Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday to our "Tween!"


It's happened in the blink of an eye. We officially have a "tween" on our hands. I'm not sure how it got here so quickly! Landen is 10 years old as of 3:13am eastern time. I still remember it like it was yesterday. I cried as we left the house because I thought my dog wouldn't love me anymore. I went in the hospital to be induced on Sunday evening and he didn't arrive until Tuesday morning. It was long, but worth it. He's a super sensitive, athletic, forgetful, never met a stranger, great big brother, well rounded kid and I love him to pieces.

We celebrated over the weekend with a bowling party and had a lot of fun. He had about 9 friends show up which was just about a perfect number. They bowled, ate, played songs, danced, and ended with some video games. I saw visions of the teen years coming... i-pods, cell phones and flirting. These kids are only in the 4th grade! It's going to be so different from when Matt and I were growing up with all this technology. What will they think of next?

He got lots of nice presents - well, mostly money and gift cards. The shopping is slim around here. Regardless, he was happy because he's been saving his money to buy an i-pod touch. He's really into music so Matt and I bought him a guitar and a book to see what he can learn. We are trying to get him some lessons set up this summer. He ended the night with one of the boys spending the night with him.









Happy 10th Landen. We love you and have enjoyed every year with you!!


I failed to mention one thing I learned this week. Helium is EXPENSIVE in Germany. I had a guitar balloon that I had ordered and took to have it filled up. It wasn't all that large... they wanted $25 for helium. Can you imagine? No thank you. It's evidently considered an environmental hazard around here. I stuck with the regular balloon bouquet for $20.

1 comment:

The Traxsons said...

Aww, looks like he had so much fun! I remember when you called to say you were pregnant - now I can't believe he's 10!

Oh my gosh...$25 for helium! Holy cow!