Monday, March 2, 2009

Off Road!



I'm continually learning things in my adult life. This weekends lesson, don't drive off the pavement into the grass if it's muddy. Yep... after Matt and a friend tried for about an hour to pull me out of the mud with no success, we had to resort to calling a German Tow Truck to come to our rescue. 120 Euro later, I was able to drive my car again.

It happened on base at the Middle School. The boys had back to back basketball games, so of course I was in a hurry to get from one game to the next. There were not spots left open in the parking lot, so I decided to swing around to the back. That's when the trouble came in. I had done this before, with no problem. But, that's when I decided to park 1/2 on the pavement and 1/2 on the grass. For some reason, on Saturday, the sun was shining and I was feeling good... I decided I would make a big loop around in the grass and be able to pull straight out after the game. Yep... I didn't realize how wet it was! As soon as my tires started spinning, I knew I had done it. Matt wasn't to happy with me but he kept his cool and rescued me. He dealt with the "car" while I headed to the basketball party with the kids. Of course, I had offered to take the cake and had to find a way to get to the commissary to pick it up and get us to the party. Luckily, my good friend was there and she rescued us as well.


On another note, I walked into the bathroom last night and Hayden and Jordyn were taking a bath. Jordyn was the dentist, and Hayden was the patient. It was cracking me up! Hayden was a really good sport. She also loves to brush his hair and anyone else who will let her. Though, I warn you... it hurts.

5 comments:

The Traxsons said...

Is Landen making the crazy sign with his hand there? Ha!

I love Jordyn brushing Hayden's teeth! Too funny!

Cass said...

Love It! Getting stuck in the mud is right up my alley! Except with me it was snow. Never go over a pile that is taller than your under carriage...That's my advice...now. Cass

Terri said...

They don't have tow trucks on base? That surprises me. And the bath/dentist pick...now that's just too cute.

Mark and Courtney said...

I'm so glad you were rescued! Sounds like something I would totally do. I laughed out loud with that last picture. Hayden is such a sweet brother to be the "patient"...I love his face while Jordyn was digging in with that toothbrush. Priceless!

Landen said...

Yep, Mitzi! He enjoyed making fun of me.... just wait until Sam gets older!